OUR HISTORY

 

 

The First Presbyterian Church of Albertville began the organization process on March 25, 1953.  The Rev. Robert Pooley, Secretary of the Home Mission Committee of the North Alabama Presbytery, met with four local families to discuss the organizing of a Presbyterian Church in Albertville.

The first service was conducted by Rev. Pooley on April 12, 1953, in the old Alabama National Guard building.  Official organization began on November 29, 1953, with twenty-six charter members participating. 

 

Early in 1954 the congregation voted to purchase a lot on College Street for the purpose of building.  On April 29, 1956 ground was broken with services being held in the small red brick structure for the first time on August 19.  In November of 1976 services were held for the first time in the present sanctuary and in December, 1983 the fellowship hall was completed.  Both the beautiful sanctuary and the fellowship hall were designed by architect William S Roden, a member and elder in the church.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • c-facebook
First Presbyterian Church

501 College Street

Albertville, AL 35950

Tel: 256-878-3431

Email: firstpresalb@bellsouth.net

 

Worship is at 10:30 AM on Sunday